Monday, February 9, 2015

02/09/15

I missed another blog post yesterday. I really dont know how I will manage to write everyday since I do tend to get really busy. Yesterday was a good kind of busy though. Since it was absolutely glorious outside, we took the family to Ritter Springs Park and let them blow off some steam running around. We walked a couple of the trails they have there and got attacked by gnats. They always seem to follow my oldest daughter around, which is a hilarious spectacle to see her scream and flail her arms around trying to get them away from her. It was a bit sad to hear my boys complain about the walk. They used to love to go on these little adventures. They are either getting too old and think they are un-cool, or perhaps we've just been to this particular park so many times that they've grown bored with it. I'll have to find some new spots to take them too. I've never taken them to the caverns, they might find that fascinating. I'll have to remember to put that on our "to-do" list.

The whole weekend was like a sneak peak of spring. We had friends and family over for a BBQ, we played outside a lot, there were kids running around in and out of the house and through my backyard, everyone just seemed to be a bit more cheerful, a bit happier. Even the morning air smelled sweet and fresh. Then Monday rolled around and brought its bleak over-cast mood. I hate Mondays and I hate winter.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. This assignment was set up to be flexible for the needs of the writer. Sounds like you had a great day. Our children often surprise us and interests come and go but the lessons you teach will stick even though they ebb and flow throughout childhood. Cool, fortunately, does not last forever and often evolves. Nice post. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete