Thursday, February 5, 2015

02/04/15 1st post

My first daily post was supposed to be yesterday. However, after work I dropped off a co-worker at his house and due to ice, I was unable to even get out of his driveway! Even with 4 wheel drive engaged and the powerful engine in my truck, I succeeded in only ruining part of his yard as I slid and struggled to even move on to the street. I ended up having to stay the night at his house until the sun warmed up enough this morning to allow me to venture back home. Much to the dismay of my wife and kids, they had to spend the evening without my company. I didn't get to eat dinner with them, or tuck my kids into bed. I was unable to curl up on the couch with my wife and watch a movie like we do most nights. Instead I slept on my friends couch in his drafty old house. I am grateful for that couch though. Grateful that I didn't get stuck at the job-site and had to spend the night in an empty, half finished house with no heat. Grateful that I didn't end up sliding off the road on my way home and injuring myself or anyone else. It was inconvenient but I'm still alive. So, unable to start yesterday, I will write 2 entries today to make up. Hopefully this will be accepted. If not, there's nothing much I can do about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment