Friday, February 6, 2015

02/06/15

So, I'm really letting myself get stressed out over all the writing required this week in my English class. Daily blogging, an essay, a couple other writings... I'm falling behind because I have other classes that I have big projects in the works for. I work all day and come home to the chaos that is my large family. My one day off there's always some sort of project or errand or thing that needs to be fixed. I find myself wondering if it was the right choice to go back to school at this time. I know that I need to keep working toward my degree, however, the reason I took a year off was because life got too crazy and I started falling behind. I wasn't giving my all in my classes, I didn't feel like I was actually learning. I was just going through the motions. I worry because I can feel that starting to happen again and its only been a month. I had started the semester off good, had my time management down, my brain could actually focus. And then life has a way of laughing in my face. I need to evaluate what exactly is happening. I cant let myself slip. And even though I don't necessarily like that I have to write so much for this class, I can already feel myself being able to get things out a little better. Take this blog post for example. I'm practicing free writing, that technique that supposedly helps with writers block and fluency. I've been typing for awhile now and I'm not going back to correct my spelling errors (even though I can see a half a dozen or more of those horrendous red zigzags), I haven't once read over what I've already written, even though I want to out of habit. So I have no idea if this post is even coherent! But that's ok, because its my blog. And I can do what I want. In fact, I'm not even going to read over this before I post it. I will fix the spelling errors though. There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment